Sunday, February 6, 2011

Snow Days 2011



Well, it's the end of the weekend and the end of an unprecedented week in Texas. The school district in our town was closed for four days! We had an extreme ice storm followed by about 5 inches of snow! I have lived here all my life and I don't remember being out of school for snow or ice for more than three days in a row. My husband's office was even closed all four days. During our snowcation, I finished two rather large novels and caught up on every imaginable reality TV program I follow (and even those that I don't follow). I made some cute little fabric flowers and a great zippered pouch/purse. I did not however, clean or organize (with the exception of the necessary kitchen cleanup after each of the three meals my family ate EVERY day). My daughter had a friend over yesterday for a sleepover and we ventured our way out to the dollar store and an accessory store that they like. It was so crowded, you would have thought the dollar store was having a 50% off sale! Today we are off to Grandma's for a much needed visit. My husband proclaimed today that he had cabin fever and was off to an electronics store and possibly a home improvement store. He really must need to get out, he hates to shop! Tomorrow starts a new week, hopefully with better weather.

No comments:

Post a Comment